TOEFL independent writing task includes different types of questions. If you are familiar with some of the writing topics here, you will get better on TOEFL writing with enough practice and patience. Please, go through these topics and pick one that suits you. Afterward, write an article in the comment section down below. I will assess your essays and help you get familiarized with TOEFL writing topics.
TOEFL Writing Topics For Agree&Disagree Type Of Questions
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Nowadays, it is not possible that young people teach something to older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People act differently based on how they dress. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your answer.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People who make more money are more successful. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best tutors are our own parents. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Growing up in a big city is more advantageous than in countryside. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People pay too much attention to the things that are trivial in life and fail to see the larger problems. Use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they already have; they always go after something they don’t have. Use specific reasons to support your answer.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study literature and history than it is for them to study mathematics and science. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All pupils should be required to study music and art in high school. Use specific reasons to support your answer.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Reading books based on a true story is more enjoyable than watching science related movies. Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Childhood years are the most important years for education. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing a game is like a competition and only way to enjoy it is to beat the opponent. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
This Official Guide to the TOEFL Test is the best. This guide provides a list of tips for doing well on the TOEFL test. It includes real TOEFL questions, past versus current exam formats, explanations of every section of the test, and information on what is expected on each task. You will learn how to construct a good answer and how to integrate speaking, listening, and writing skills.
TOEFL Writing Topic For Preference Type Of Questions
- Some people like to work more manually, Others prefer using computers. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- For some people small towns are more preferable. Others like to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
- What are the responsibilities of being a parent? Use specific details and examples to explain your answer.
- Some people choose friends who have the similar characters like themselves. Others choose friends who are totally different to themselves. Compare the advantages of having friends who are different from you with the advantages of having friends who are similar to you. Which kind of friend do you prefer for yourself? Why?
- Which do you feel is more important in your life: being financially independent but with some stress or being dependent someone but stress-free? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.
- Some people believe that it is important to have internet with all of these data available. Others think being able to access so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- If you are to choose between high speed internet connection but with a higher price or low speed of internet with lower price, which one would you choose and why?
- You have 1 day to prepare for a difficult exam. You can choose to take the test on the scheduled day or to postpone it to the next semester. Which one would you choose and why?
- Some people are more prone to send text messages than a direct call. Which one would you prefer and why?
- Some people do their homework immediately after it is given. Others wait until the due date. Which one do you prefer and why?
- Some people new clothes from shopping malls. Others would like to buy used clothes. Which one would you prefer and why?
- Some people decide to become who they want as a kid. Others decide before going to the university. Which one would you prefer and why?
- Some people watch television. Others watch videos online. Which one would you prefer and why?
- Some people work in big companies. Others run their own business. Which one would you prefer and why?
TOEFL Writing Topics For Description / Explanation Type Of Questions
- A foreign visitor is going to spend one day in your country. Which tourist attractions should this visitor go on that day? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.
- If you had a chance to pick a time and place in your past, when and where would you go? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.
- What is he one important skill that everyone needs nowadays? Choose one skill and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
- Why do you think some people are more prone to go for dangerous activities or sports? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- What are some of the crucial responsibilities of a high school teacher? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important.
- If you were asked to introduce an important person representing your country in an international exhibition, what would you choose? Why? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.
- Describe a custom from your country that it would be better if people from other countries adopt it. Explain your choice, using specific reasons and examples.
- There will be a decision on an important person in your country to build his/her statue. Who would you choose? Use reasons and specific examples to support your choice.
- Which discovery from the last 50 years have been the most useful in the world? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
- Many people at some point in their lives have to live with roommates. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Use specific reasons and examples to explain why these qualities are important.
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- A company has announced that it wishes to invest on a lot of money to construct a new company near where you live. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.
TOEFL Writing Topics For If / Imaginary Type Of Questions
- If you could change one important thing about where you live, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.
- You have the opportunity to stay in a country that you have never been to. Which country would you like to visit? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.
- If you could invent a new device, what type device would you develop? Use specific details to explain why this invention is needed.
- If you could travel back in time to meet a someone famous in your country, which person would you select to meet? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
- If you could learn a new language that you have never had the chance to learn what would you choose? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.
- Imagine that you have received a home to renovate How would you renovate this home? Use specific details to explain your answer.
- If you could ask a millionaire one question , what would you ask? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
- If you had a chance to meet a famous actor or athlete, who would that be, and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
- If you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire: a fresh graduate with low salary range or a senior with high salary range? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
TOEFL Writing Topics For Compare & Contrast Type Of Questions
- Kids at young age like to spend their time on playing outside and on practicing sports. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Watching television series are so popular all over the world. Explain why television series are so popular. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.
- When people move to another country, some people decide to live how they used to. Others prefer to adapt themselves to the new culture. Compare these two choices. Which one do you prefer? Support your answer with specific details.
- Some people believe that the best way of avoiding making mistakes in life is by listening to the suggestion of family and friends. Other people believe that the best way of avoiding making mistakes in life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different ways of avoiding making mistakes about life. Which do you think is preferable? Use specific examples to support your preference.
Mixed TOEFL Writing Topics (Mixture of All Question Types)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “It is more important for students to learn through memorizing than understanding the subject deeply.” Provide reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- If your friend wanted to study something new, what advice would you give them? Provide reasons and examples to support your response.
- You have been given some amount of money to spend it in one day. What would you buy with that money?: a) invest on stock market b) a pair of movie tickets c) an expensive meal.
- Would you prefer to study tough but a prestigious university or easy but a mediocre university? Which one would you prefer and why?
- What are the characteristics of being a good leader?
- If you had to work on a project for your final semester in university, how would you study: a) study alone, b) study with your best friend c) study with a group with more than 3 students.
Here are the TOEFL writing topics. Choose one topic and write an essay in the comments section down below. I will then check it and provide you with my feedback on how well you are prepared with TOEFL independent writing topics.
If you would like to know more about the thesis statement for TOEFL writing, you can check the blog section.
You can also check ETS website for more information.
26 thoughts on “All The TOEFL Writing Topics- Topics for 2021 TOEFL”
Characteristics of being a good leader is to be a collaborative in nature,have to understand the things diligently and to react on the basis of it. Good leader should always be alacrious to learn from their team mates too , leader should know how to manage their tantrum and have to react accordingly…leader should understand each of their team mate properly and individually , should keep patience to understand everyone’s problems ..leader should know how to spread the humor too with the work . So,workers can’t feel low while working under them…leader should be updated with every possible information to guide the workers and by helping them out from the situation where the workers stucked….leader has to be practical enough , and to keep an idea of everything how it works ,before ordering to their workers…leader have to make every team mate from worst to best to make a proper and successful team ..should give time to understand everything.. shouldn’t react from the failure ,to maintain the motivation over the team mates and keep playing for the next…should have the knowledge of how to express the things.. So, if leader shows one action ,team mate will implement it …leader have to love their team mates and should think them as a family members…should be able to share the pain and have the ability to protect the team mates from the pain…..leader needs to be obedient and punctual with the time to tell the lesson : how to value the time. ,Value of resources by using them where it’s mandatory and with limitations to protect and value the resources…leader need to be an active and enthusiastic to begin working for something .. protecting the team mate from the difficulties should be the priority of the leader. LEADER CAN BE A REAL LEADER WHEN IT ACTUALLY BECOME THE *LEAD* OF THE TEAM.
Your points are good but there is no structure. It does not fit in to TOEFL independent writing essay structure.
Could you please provide me a complete essay based on proper TOEFL structure?
With new structure. Let me know my mistakes.
Characteristics of being a good leader :-
Personally ,I believe leader is to be a collaborative in nature,have to understand the things diligently and to react on the basis of it.Good leader should always be alacrious to learn from their team mates too , leader should know how to manage their tantrum and have to react accordingly, I believe this way for two reasons :
1. Learning makes man perfect.
2. Patience can win the world.
First of all , leader should understand each of their team mate properly and individually ,should know how to spread the humor too with the work . So,workers can’t feel low while working under them ,leader should be updated with every possible information to guide the workers and by helping them out from the situation where the workers stucked.
I feel this because,my personal experience of being a leader in the sports team has taught me this is mandatory.
Leader has to be practical enough , and to keep an idea of everything how it works ,before ordering to their workers, have to make every team mate from worst to best to make a proper and successful team,should give time to understand everything.
I have experienced this when I was the head girl in the school.
Leader shouldn’t judge from the failure and should maintain the motivation over the team mates and keep playing for the next, should have the knowledge of how to express the things.So, if leader taughts through the action ,team mate will implement it.
Leader have to love their team mates and should think them as a family members ,
should be able to share the pain and have the ability to protect the team mates from the pain.
Leader needs to be obedient and punctual with the time to tell the lesson : how to value the time ,Value of resources by using them where it’s mandatory and with limitations to protect it.
Conclusion: Leader need to be an active and enthusiastic to begin working for something, protecting the team mate from the difficulties should be the priority of the leader. LEADER CAN BE A REAL LEADER WHEN IT ACTUALLY BECOME THE *LEAD* OF THE TEAM
The structure should be like introduction, development, and then the conclusion. Your structure looks similar to that but can be a little better. For example, state a general statement at the beginning of your introduction and then use your first sentence. You have achieved to use various types of vocabulary which is also decent in TOEFL to get extra scores. In your conclusion, you should restate the question differently as well. You can always improve your word count. If you can pay attention to these suggestions, you would get a good score in TOEFL independent writing.
Writing more than 300 words would decrease our marks?
You should aim for 400+ words in my opinion. Be careful, though, avoid making mistakes, while aiming to write more than 400 words.
#8 agree or disagree
Students today have always a vast array of choices when it comes to study. There are subjects more philosophically and others more mathematically oriented. While some people believe that it is crucial for students to know art and literature well, others believe that to have a broad knowledge of science is much more important. I strongly believe that to study math and science is more essential because students can find a rewarding job easily and can learn to take care of their own finances in the future.
Finding a dream job right after we get out of university is not so easy. It would be smart to choose a course of study which will make us ready to jump into a very useful kind of work to serve the community. Scientific subjects are very helpful if we want to aim for a job without suffering too much during the job hunting time. In fact, science is very much required for contributing to the world’s progress and advancement in so many areas such as medicine, ecology and economy. For example, my cousin Piero, after completing his university program in medical biology with great marks, was called by a famous firm which produces medicines for cancer research. They offered him a position as a scientist in one of their new laboratories in South Africa. He was thrilled and of course accepted immediately.
Also, to be greatly skilled in mathematics gives many advantages. A student can apply himself in business sectors, in teaching, in working in the stock market or as an accountant. Moreover he can apply this knowledge at home every day learning how to take care of his bank account or how to spend money wisely. My sister is an extraordinary example of that. She studied math and she knows how to save money very efficiently even though her salary is not so excellent. She can take care of all her expenses, not only bills but also extra treats, during the month and save at least a minimum part of her money for traveling and hobbies.
To conclude, I strongly believe that to study science and math subjects can be very rewarding because it helps students in getting a job soon in almost any industry and teaches them how to save and care for their money smartly.
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Hey Roberta. This article is a perfect example of how one should write an independent essay for TOEFL. Suitable personal examples with a great thesis statement and well structured. Assuming with a well written integrated essay, you should expect 26+ in the writing section. Keep up the excellent work.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “It is more important for students to learn through memorizing than understanding the subject deeply.” Provide reasons and examples to support your opinion.
It is critically important to understand that knowledge is the most important tool people need to acquire to compete in this world. In my opinion, I believe that the most effective way for students to learn is by understanding academic content. I feel this way for two reasons, which I would explore in the subsequent paragraphs.
To begin with, understanding subjects enables students to retain information efficiently. According to studies, students who relied on memorizing subjects without understanding were more prone to forget what they studied quickly. In other words, no matter how many hours they spent studying and reading the information they will have difficulty remembering it. My personal experience is compelling evidence of this. Ten years back, when I was in school, I used to study using the memorizing technique. Though I spent long hours sitting and studying, still I wasn’t able to achieve good grades on my exams. It was extremely difficult for me to recall all the information I learned in the exam. However, that year, my teacher advised me to try understanding what I was reading before memorizing. Surprisingly, I was able to achieve high scores with the least effort ever. Thus, understanding subjects enables students to remember all the information easily.
Moreover, learning subjects by understanding helps in developing thinking skills, which enables students to apply the knowledge they acquired effectively. Studies showed that students, who learned their subjects by understanding the contents, were capable of answering critical thinking questions without struggling compared to their peers who memorized instead. For instance, last year, at college we had an exam in our psychology class. Since I had difficulty in fully understanding the course, I decided to memorize it in order to pass the exam. Unfortunately, most of the questions depended mainly on understanding the concepts rather than just memorizing some definitions. Consequently, I failed that exam. Hence, understanding subjects allows students to develop their thinking skills and apply them effectively.
To sum it up, I am of the opinion that the best way for students to learn their academic subjects is by understanding it. This is because it allows them to retain the information they learned easily and helps in developing their thinking skills.
Such a nice essay for the TOEFL Writing independent part. I think you should be expecting a score above 26 with this structure and your personal examples. Keep working on your goals.
Can I still send mine? I hope I’m not too late!
5. What are the characteristics of being a good leader?
There isn’t a specific formula to make a good leader. However, all of the exceptional ones have something in common: they are honest and team-oriented. Therefore, I strongly believe that these two characteristics are essential to someone who wants to be a remarkable leader. I feel that way for two main reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
First of all, honest people are more trustworthy and easy to believe in. To be the leader of a country, for example, it is crucial to have your nation believing in what you are doing and trusting you to do a good job while commanding their homeland. For instance, a few years ago, while I was living in Brazil, a sincere-hearted man was elected as president for the first time. He was always honest with brazilian people, and that is why they truly supported him in his mission to guide the country. On the other hand, last year, after the new president was chosen, federal investigators found out that he had been involved in corruption schemes. Because of that, he lost all of his supporters and ended up renouncing to the president position since brazilian people didn’t trust him nor his intentions.
Secondly, when guiding a group, it is important to think about the people in it constantly. Being team-oriented is crucial to keep the group united and to motivate everyone in it to achieve success in their tasks. I have a personal experience that is a compelling illustration of this. Two years ago, my superior aked me to be the manager of an important project for the company. I was responsible for leading a six-people team, and it was, at first, very challenging for me. However, as the time went by, I learnt that my colleagues worked better when I foccused on improving our teamwork and took decisions thinking of their wellbeing. When the project was over, I recieved six amazing feedbacks from them, complimenting my efforts to improve teamwork and keep the group motivated. Besides, more than one team member said that I had been a great leader because of that.
In conclusion, even if all leaders have their own singularities, all the great ones are honest and focused on their groups. I believe that because honesty and team-oriented attitude are crucial to captivate people and encourage them to follow the leadership.
A well-written essay. Clear structure. Rich choice of vocabulary. You can get 24+ with this kind of writing in the TOEFL exam.
If your friend wanted to study something new, what advice would you give them? Provide reasons and examples to support your response.
Trying to learn something new is a challenging task, but it’s not impossible. If I had a friend who was thinking about studying something for the first time, I would definetely advise them to be patient and perseverant. I will exlplain why I feel these two soft skills are the most important when facing a new challenge in the following essay.
First of all, being patient is essential to someone who wants to learn something new. When we face a different language or techique for the first time it can be so descouraging that we end up giving up on that task. Therefore, patience is crucial to undertand that the difficulty in learning something new will eventually go away. I have a personal experience that is a perfect example of that. Last year, I had decided to learn a new language, and, after some thought, I chose Korean. I made this decision because the alphabet was different and it would be a challenge. When the time came to face this new task, I found out it was more complicated than I had though it would be, and I almost gave up. However, I decided to be patient with myself and my difficulties. It was something entirely new to me, so I had to patiently confront that until I’d learn this new language. After some time, I have finally learnt it, discovering that, although very difficult, Korean is a beautiful, fascinating language. After all the hardships, I am now happy that I had the patience to learn it, because it was really worth the struggle.
Secondly, perseverance is the key to acquire knowledge. We can’t give up even though it can be tiring. If we continue trying and giving it our best, we can deffinetely achieve what we were aiming for. For instance, a few months ago, I had to use Excel for the first time in order to complete a job I was assigned to. To be honest, at first I had no idea of what I was doing, it was very confusing to me. Although it was very difficult and challenging, I didn’t give up until I learnt how to use that computer program. If I had given up on trying to use Excel, I would never have learnt what I need to. Nowadays I actually use it all the time, it turned out to be an essential program to develop my everyday tasks on the firm I work on.
In conclusion, if my friend decided to study something for the first time, I would tell them to be patient and perseverant. That is because, when facing the unknown, it is crucial that we have patience to learn what we need to and we can’t give up until we succeed in it.
This one is also pretty clear. I can see the usage of some advanced level grammar structures which is always nice. This essay would get 24+ in the actual exam.
1- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “It is more important for students to learn through memorizing than understanding the subject deeply.” Provide reasons and examples to support your opinion.
It is critically important that students leave school or university being ready to apply the knowledge they gained inside classrooms in their everyday lives. For that reason, I personally believe that it is crucial for them to understand the subjects they are supposed to learn deeply. I feel this way for two main reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
First of all, it is a waste of time to spend years at school or university without learning anything. If we finish our classes without learning anything, we won’t be able to perform duties that require the specific knowledge that we were supposed to acquire. For instance, I have a friend that spent her entire time at university only having fun. She had never went to classes and, when exams period came up, she only memorized the basics in order to pass them. When we graduated, everyone in our class who graduated with real knowledge that could be applied in various situations got a job offer. However, she found herself with no skills demanded by careers that required a graduate diploma. For that reason, she had to enroll at a new program and spent another four years studying while everyone else was already at high paying jobs. She surely regreted wasting her first university years partying instead of dedicating herself to understand what was being taugh at classes.
Secondly, many high-paying jobs nowadays require expertise on subjects that are taught on universities. If students end their education without the ability to apply the knowledge they gained in various situations, they may not be able to perform their work tasks properly. When we only memorize something without trully understanding it, we can have difficulties on transforming theory into practice. My personal experience is a compelling illustration of that. When I was in school, I had a hard time learning eletric systems because I couldn’t undesrtand how they worked. For that reason, I only memorized what was necessary to pass my exams and finished school with only a basic idea of what eletric systems were supposed to be. However, a few months ago my superior has asked me to build an entire eletric system for the company’s new robot, so I am until now trying to understand how it works in order to build what I have to. If I had deeply understood this subject in schoold, I would have been able to perform my tasks properly, and I wouldn’t be having a hard time now because of that.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that students need to deeply understand subjects they are studying. That is mainly because it’s a waste of their time taking classes without gaining any real knowledge from them and only memorizing information doesn’t make them ready to perform tasks at careers that require expertise on applying the theory on different practical situations.
I like the details you have provided. Try to add research to back up your reasons. 24+ is your grade for such an essay. Keep working on it.
1.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Nowadays, it is not possible that young people teach something to older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
No one can deny how important the knowledge of old people is in the present. You not only have the possibility to learn about your background history and culture, but also about many tricks for your everyday life. However, I believe that old people have a lot to learn from younger people for a number of reasons, which I will explore in the subsequent paragraphs.
First of all, it is rather difficult to keep up with a constantly changing world. In the last decades technology has progressed so fast that the younger generations learn how to use a smartphone or internet at a young age, with close to no effort. In fact, in this specific context, it is thanks to younger people that older people start comprehending the new technology, and how to use it. My personal experience is a compelling illustration of this. My uncle decided to download on the phone of my grandmother ‘Whatsapp’, an application which allows you to stay in contact with people through the internet. It happened around three years ago, and it was quite confusing for her to understand it, since it involves many aspects that she has never known. Thanks to the younger relatives of the family, my grandmother was able to learn something new, and every day she keeps learning more and more.
Furthermore, the world is more open and it has never been easier and faster to move from one place to another. Taking a flight is not something old people are used to, although they have already been on planes before, it was different. For instance, nowadays it is more common to buy tickets, and even book rooms, online, rather than in a Travel Agency, because you can choose from more options and cheaper ones too. This exemplify how the knowledge of the modern world can be learned from older people thanks to the younger generations.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that young people have many things to teach to older people, because modern realities, such as internet and new travelling options, are not something they have grown up with, in contrast with the younger people.
Clear explanations and examples. Try to improve your word count. I would grade this as 23+. Keep up the good work.
Communication has multiple types of representation among us nowadays. Even though, some people prefer to connect with others using text messages. I strongly believe in connecting through voice calls as one of the most effective ways in communication.
I feel this way for many reasons, and I will discuss them in the subsequent paragraphs;
First and foremost, communication via voice calls has its magical impact in delivering the required idea and the right emotion to the receiver.
For example, my friend john, who is the student union leader of the university. He is always communicating with all of the students and the new comers face to face. Not only this, he is also delivering his messages by calling us and making sure that we have understood everything.
He is very active in doing that regularly and consistently. I am a guy who admired his way of communication style with all of us and I see that if he had never communicated in that way, his messages would never have delivered correctly.
Secondly, the majority of individuals would agree with the notion that unlike the text messages, voice calls totally deliver the right emotions and feelings to the other side. For instance, the chat group of my work department. No one can determine what is actually expressed by the sender or even felt from the receiver in term of emotions and feelings.
One day, our manger sent us a consent form to be signed by everyone of us stated that we are not allowed to use the firm’s internet. Although, it looked ridicules. But everyone of us had signed it immediately. Surprisingly, he texted us many laughing emotions entitled by April fool.
So, if we had abled to know his real intentions, we would have recognized it as a joke.
Last but not the least, I have to admit that it’s certainly clear that I strongly support of connecting with others using voice calls instead of texting based on my personal experience and the given examples in order to deliver our messages correctly and to express our feeling in a right manner.
It fits perfectly well with the TOEFL scheme. The only aspect you can try to improve on your writing would be to use more connectors and more appropriate ones. I wouldn’t use “So” in my essay.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting advice from friends your same age.
Recieving good advice is something really important when we are facing critical times in our lives. Personally, I believe that older people are better at giving advice. I feel this way for two main reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
To begin with, older people have lived longer than me and, for that reason, they have already experienced challenges and difficulties that I may face someday. Therefore, they can advise me more wisely than friends who are the same age as me. I have a personal experience that is a compelling example of that. Five years ago, I went through a very devastating situation. My daughter was having a hard time accepting that her father had moved to another city, and she was suffering deeply because of that. Se cried everyday, and so did I. My heart was broken into a million pieces. None of my friends who were in their early twenties, just like me, had children, so they had no idea on how to help me facing that situation. However, my forty-year old friends, who had already struggled with their children’s sadness, helped me a lot by giving me very meaningful advice. Because of them and their wise words, I could be stronger and help my daughter cope with her broken heart.
Furthermore, studies have shown that people in their forties are more likely to make an effort in order to help others than people who are twenty or thirty years old. Therefore, if someone is in need of good advice, it is better to have a friend who sincerely wants to help you by your side. For instace, last month I needed to choose if I would move to a new country or not. I was very nervous because, if I chose to start over at a new place, I would need to leave my friends, family and career behind. While I was facing this life changing decision, I searched for good advice among all my friends and, for my surprise, those who are older than me were much more helpful and thoughtful than those who are the same age as me. My forty year old friends helped me with sensitive advice and, because of them, I could calm down and choose more wisely what I was going to do.
Good advice is something that comes in hand when we are facing times os desperation. In my opinion, older people are better at advising than people who are in the same age gap as I am, and I feel that way because older people are wiser and are allways willing to help those friends in need.
A perfect example of how to write an essay that would get 26+ in writing. Keep up the good work. Try to avoid using adjectives such as good and bad.
If you had to work on a project for your final semester in university, how would you study: a) study alone, b) study with your best friend c) study with a group with more than 3 students
A final semester project is a combination of what we have studied in our whole course, hence it involves various tasks which we have to keep in mind and work accordingly. I would like to study with my best friend on the final project because of several reasons which I will explore in the subsequent paragraphs.
Firstly, final year project showcase our skills and abilities that we have grasped in our complete course. According to this we will get the grades which will help us in getting a job with whopping salaries. Moreover, this is the first step in start of our career. I want to work with my best friend because I know what skills and capabilities he has and he would help me in this particular area. For instance, when I was in my last semester of graduation, I chose my best friend to work with me and we worked day and night together to complete our final year project before the deadline, so that we can move forward from rest of the students and score good grades.
Secondly, working with best friend is utmost important because we know each other’s nature that he will help me in various tasks that are involved in completing the project .Eventually, this will help both of us to score good marks. To begin with, I have to admit that my experience on this matter has been profoundly influenced by my own personal experience that, when I chose my best friend as my partner in the final year project, we both helped each other wherever we got stuck and we divided the work between us.
Finally, I want to conclude that I would choose my best friend to work on a final year project because we know each other abilities. Right off the bat, we also know the nature which will help us in performing better.
A really nice example as well. Try to increase your word count in the introduction. I would say that you could easily get 26+ in the writing if you keep the same format.
Some people decide to become who they want as a kid. Others decide before going to the university. Which one would you prefer and why?
Working on your dream it’s not as easy as imagining it you need to work hard for it. To what extent people decide their future as a kid as compared with others deciding before college is a debatable topic, the comparison is quite puzzling and cannot be answered categorically. As far as I am concerned, people should decide before going to the university in spite of several positives to the other view. Consequently, the pros and cons of both sides need to be examined in order to come to the right conclusion.
There are many motives why some people think deciding the future before going to the university is better. To begin with, adults decide depending on extensive knowledge of most fields of study. For example, it is such a hard decision they have to make before college but also, they are more aware of their capabilities than their dream as kids. Furthermore, people always have the ability to change their studies so they won’t be stuck in one major just because they had decided it as kids. According to the research carried out by the MIT university, 90 percent of people who had changed their childhood major never regret it and that is a result of the previously mentioned reasons. In brief, mind-changing and the ability to change are some of the main causes that impel people to incline that they should decide their study before going to the university.
On the contrary, people who prefer to decide their major as kids has a unique reason that is worth mentioning. Initially, it is a kind of success story to chase your dream and face difficulty, then in the end you and your people will be proud of you. For instance, if you want to study medicine this means you need to work hard and stay up at nights studying for your dream and finally you will be lead by example. Moreover, children can find their passion early age so they may stick with a dream they like. According to the survey carried out by the Time Magazine, most children find their passion and stick with it even if they didn’t study it in the university. In other words, a success story and passion are a few of the primary reasons that lead people to believe that they should decide their major as kids is better.
After we take into account all of the above factors and perhaps more unique to the two different ways to decide the study, I am quite convinced that people should take this huge decision before going to the university. Admittedly, some individuals would think that people should decide their major as kids and chase this dream. Hence, both sorts of decisions are right as long as people don’t be forced for something that required more than their capabilities and study whatever they want.
Thanks for sharing your essay with us.
It looks quite close to being perfect.
You should, surely, anticipate a score greater than 24 with this essay. I am thinking more of a 26 for an essay that kind.
As a suggestion, you can increase your word count and level of details on your development paragraphs.
Keep up the good work!